This section demonstrates and describes the proper training technique for the exercises listed in the strength program. Use the menu to the right to view the individual exercises listed in each area of the routine. Lower body, plyometric, back, and upper body exercises are listed on separate pages. In addition, circuit programs (i.e. TRX & Tubing) are presented as alternative training options. Exercise photos and/or videos are included depending on the nature of the exercise being presented.
***Please notify the staff if you have any questions regarding training technique.***
Weight Training Do’s
- Do lift an appropriate amount of weight for the number of repetitions being performed and the desired exercise tempo
- Do use proper form. The better your form, the better your results, and the less likely you are to hurt yourself.
- Do use a spotter.
- Do breathe out as you lift and in when you lower the weight.
- Do realize that every exercise serves a purpose to create muscle balance.
- Do rest individual muscle groups for at least 48 hours between workouts.
Weight Training Don’ts
- Don’t skip your warm-up to save time.
- Don’t rush a set by speeding through the movement out of control.
- Don’t overdo it – Too Much, Too Soon.
- Don’t ignore pain. Talk to the staff if you are having issues with an exercise.
- Don’t train without proper safety equipment (i.e. shoes)
- Don’t sacrifice proper form in order to lift heavier weights