There are 3 exercises in the tubing shoulder program: 1) extension (reverse fly); 2) external rotation; and 3) external rotation 90/90
- Attach tubing with two handles or loops to a secure anchor about shoulder-width apart.
- Stand facing the anchor point with feet shoulder width apart and both arms extended straight out at chest level.
- Grasp one handle in each hand with down and step back away from the wall until there is a correct amount of tension in the tubing. This is your starting position.
- Set the, retract the scapula (pinch the shoulder blades together) and, keeping the arms straight, pull the ends of the band down and back until the arms are straight out from the hips.
- Rotate your arms outward at the shoulder as you pull the hands back so that you finish with the thumbs up and palms facing each other. Pause, slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
- Keep your abs tight and trunk upright throughout the movement.
- Do not jerk on the tubing, pull back in a controlled manner.